College Life

College Life

Sunday, May 18, 2014

A smile is universal

Over the last few days, I've been pretty convicted. I always tend to feel like I can't do a lot with the people here, because we can't communicate. So before we started our trip this year, I prayed a lot that God would help me overcome my uncertainty and just give 110%. It's been amazing!! Even when the kids have no idea what I'm trying to say, a smile seems to do the trick. They trust everyone with a smile. And they smile back! They sit on your lap and sing you songs if you're willing to just offer a view of your teeth. Smiles go beyond the language barrier. 

The house church visits have been amazing. The kids are great, the art projects are a huge hit, and the games are a blast. At one of the last churches we went to, a ton of kids sat by me and had me write their names on their art projects. It was quite the ordeal to try and decipher what they were saying so I could write it down for them. So precious. 



The games are always a huge hit with Khmer kids (and all kids for that matter). It. Doesn't take much to get them involved and excited about playing!



This girl was just so cute!! Teaching the younger ones how to write. She was incredibly smart and patient.


Today (Sunday) we went to HBI for church and lunch. It seemed like everyone had been waiting for us forever. It was all so great. The kids are SO CUTE!!



 This boy wanted a lot of pictures taken!


And of course, it wouldn't be HBI lunch without some new type of food. No insects or frogs this time, just some small type of bird. It tasted really good, it just looked too interesting not to photograph!


And curry of course.


Ill get back on later to blog about what I've been reading and learning lately and give you some prayer requests. Right now it's time to go out to another house church!

Love you all.  God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment