College Life

College Life

Thursday, May 22, 2014

I'm glad God has big hands

Aren't you glad God has big hands?

John chapter 10 focuses a lot on how Jesus was/is the good Shepard. But I remember being in AWANA as a kid, and learning this passage:

John 10:28-30

But you do not believe because you are not among my sheep. My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand. I and the Father are one.

I remember practicing that verse in there car with my mom one day. I think she said something like "God must have pretty big hands, huh?" 

I feel so blessed to have had the upbringing I had. Christian family, going to church every week, having conversations about God. I am one of Jesus' sheep. I know him, and he knows me! Does anything get cooler than that? Well, yes actually. I get eternal life where I get to praise him forever. Oh, and also, I dwell in the hands of God. And NO ONE is able to snatch you from the Fathers hands. I love that so much. 

I'm SO grateful that our Lord and Savior chooses to protect us in that way. No one can ever take us away from Him once we belong to Him. Not even ourselves. 

Prayer requests: 

- Everyone we have met so far on this trip. The pastors and leaders, that they would be encouraged and motivated to continue doing their great work. The kids, that they would let the word of God resonate in their hearts. 

- That our teams health would make a comeback. I know we are able to serve so much more efficiently as a whole team. And when you feel good, you naturally serve better.

- Team attitudes. Just that we would continue working together, and have 110% unity for the rest of our trip. 

- That God would use us as His vessels. That we would exceed our comfort levels, outserve others, and be a blessing to those we're trying to encourage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment