College Life

College Life

Friday, February 12, 2016

In N Out -n- NCU

It's hard to believe we graduated college almost 2 years ago! NCU was the place I got my fabulous education in education. It's the place that allowed me to represent them on the volleyball court for 4 years. And it's the place I met my husband. So being able to meet up with some of our favorite faculty members at In-N-Out today was a huge blessing.

Being able to re-connect with people we haven't seen in over a year was so amazing! It was like no time had passed at all. We could talk about campus life, current jobs, and people we all know. I guess that's the beauty of going to a small university: you never really get forgotten.

I know so many people that went to a larger university and once they graduated, they were done with the whole system. I'm not even sure that would be possible with NCU. I'm Facebook friends with a ton of my professors, I met my very best friends there, and every day I have a tough day at work I think back to the encouragement I got from Brian and Viv. It's hard to believe that almost 6 years ago I went to Eugene to try out and told my parents I would NEVER go there. The rain? Yuck. Only 700 students? Ew! Tiny dorms? No way. But now, 6 years later, I can't imagine my life without NCU as a part of it. Just the other day I emailed one of the staff members asking if they would send my students some t-shirts for College Gear Fridays. And wouldn't you know it, less than a week later there they were (in a chip box....true NCU style) in my classroom.



I may not be known by the current students. My volleyball career may not mean anything now. I may not have been the bright and shining student professors will be talking about 5 years from now. But NCU changed my life...and that's good enough for me.

It makes me think of the love God has for us. Sometimes it feels like we are SO far away from Him. I often think "Does He even remember I exist? It's been so long since I talked to Him." But God will never forget me. My cousin posted this photo the other day, and it hit me like a ton of bricks (in the best way possible)



NCU is a place where I still have friends. I still keep in touch with professors, friends, and faculty members. It will always hold a dear place in my heart. But the love God has for me far surpasses anything I could fathom. I can't fall out of communication with Him because it's not in His nature to let go. It's not his style to give up. And it's not my right to turn my back on the one who gave me life (and this amazing one at that).

No comments:

Post a Comment